Friday, July 2, 2010

Her first few hours...

Okay, I promise this blog won't be an hour by hour description of this little girl's life (although I know a few unmentioned Grandparents who would probably love that). But, her FIRST hours of life might be worthy of such attention. I had to stay in the recovery room while Hansen followed Eloise to the nursery. I HATED being separated from her. At one point, when I thought it was taking too long, I called my nurse in to see if she was okay. When the nurse couldn't come right away I was sure that something awful had happened. I sat in my room, with tears streaming down my face. I felt lonely, worried and helpless. Of course, all was well and I was just overreacting and over-emotional. I feel silly about it now. Hansen documented our traumatic (ha ha) time apart quite well.

Warming up.  She was having a hard time maintaining her body temp at first. 

Cute feet.

Here's a shot of her first bath.  She didn't like it so much.  

She settled down pretty quickly under the warmth of the heat lamp.  

She also didn't like the first shampoo.  I tried to tell her she'll LOVE that when she gets older. 

First Pacifier

Back in the room, after all the torture, safe by Mom.  


1 comment:

  1. you can feel the intensity and energy of those couple of hours. thanks for sharing these. cj

    ReplyDelete