Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Getty Center

I'm not yet caught up with all that has happened these past couple of months, but today I thought I'd do a present-day post.  Eloise and I just got back from a day at The Getty Center.  Okay, you might be thinking that Eloise is a little too young to appreciate the beautiful art and architecture The Getty has to offer, but early exposure can't hurt, right?  We spent a fair amount of time just relaxing and enjoying the ambience.  She was a bit noisy for the quiet of the exhibit areas, but during her sleepy time I was able to catch the Old Testament in Medieval Manuscript Exhibit and The Rembrandt and His Circle rooms.  Gotta love the Dutch!  I forgot a real camera, so all of these photos are taken with my iphone.  Not too shabby for a phone camera!

 Getting off the Tram

The Getty!


Eloise's favorite part of the day was staring at her polka dot blanket while Mommy ate a delicious lunch at the cafe.  


She was mesmerized.


Nap time at The Getty.


This picture is in honor of Hansen who was somewhere distant in this picture, downtown LA, slaving away for our livelihood.  I've definitely got the better end of this deal.  

  


Home again, home again, jiggity jig.  

3 comments:

  1. What a fun outing! I don't think it's ever too early to start outings, although in the beginning it might be more beneficial to mommy :). I love planning activities for Adam and I, it's so much fun to see his reaction to the world around him. I'm sure Eloise appreciatd the polka-dotted blanket just as much as you did Rembrandt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely never too young to be exposed to great art, especially when you live so close to The Getty. What a wonderful way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mother-hood hint: when the polka dot blanket starts mesmerizing YOU; start planning the next outing....fast! cj

    ReplyDelete