Saturday, July 31, 2010

Descanso Gardens


Eloise and I had such a lovely day yesterday.  We met Grandma KayLynn at Descanso Gardens in LaCañada.  The grounds were beautiful!  KayLynn tells me there are better seasons to visit but I was thoroughly fulfilled by what I saw!  I was craving fresh air and beautiful greenery, so Descanso was just the ticket.  After exploring some of the grounds, we had a delicious lunch at the cafe.  Eloise napped while KayLynn and I enjoyed one another's company.






Hansen was working late so I was thrilled to get an invitation back to Grandma & Grandpa's house. We got to see Grandpa Smith (always a treat),  and we enjoyed more great food and company.  It was a very happy Friday!  


4 comments:

  1. I keep re-experiencing the calm and happy emotions of the day through these photos. It was such a delightful respite from the norm, I'm studying my calendar for my next days off when we can take in the Huntington Library, the Arboretum, the Japanese Gardens, the Norton Simon Museum, the Los Angeles Zoo...etc. What joy a "girls day out" brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a nice, relaxing day! And I especially love the sun hat Eloise is sporting. Very classy lady...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Eloise's outfit. She looks so cute. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like getting out in the fresh air in a beautiful place to lift the new mommy spirits. Your mother-in-law seems so lovely.

    ReplyDelete