Saturday, July 3, 2010

Going Home


I was so excited to be released from the hospital.  We were all really grateful that there were no complications for either Mom or Baby that would have required a longer stay.  I was anxious to get her to our comfortable home.  Oh, and by the way, I've since re-thought horizontal stripes for an outfit 2 days after giving birth.  One at that stage really doesn't need extra help looking wider. 

Our first family portrait, with the stunning backdrop of the hospital room privacy curtain.  

Awwww!!!  The happiest family!

3 Generations
My Mom spent a generous amount of time with me before Eloise was born.  She helped me get the nursery ready, pick out Eloise's layette, and gave me tons of good advice.  Most importantly, however, she distracted me during the painful waiting period.  The anxiety of waiting for her entrance would have pushed me over the edge had I been alone.  Thanks for making the wait bearable, Mom (and really fun)!

Ready to go!

Home at last!  
This is her first nap at home.  Cozy in her cradle that Hansen restored (a family heirloom--I'll definitely post a blurb about that later) and the quilt that I made for her.

2 comments:

  1. I was just checking all the blogs I follow and was pleasantly surprised when I came to yours. It was fun to see all the pictures and posts and hear Eloise's story. She is a beautiful baby and you and Hansen have every right to gush about her :). I have to say I am jealous of how amazing you looked after labor. I looked absolutely terrible. Maybe you can give me some tips for the next one. Love you guys and can't wait to see you in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...first of all, you did look fabulous, ami, horizontal stripes and all...second so did you, carina! all my daughters are beautiful before, during and after having babies.

    i loved these pics because they brought back some dear and precious memories of those two weeks.cj

    ReplyDelete