Monday, July 5, 2010

The First Visitors

A few days after bringing Eloise home from the hospital, we had many important visitors.  The Grandparents Smith were the first to come.  This is what the visit looked like most of the time:


I'm sure I won't be exaggerating to say they probably have enough Flip video footage on this Little One to make a feature-length film.  I'm so grateful they live close by!  They are such loving and supportive people.  When I married Hansen, I felt an immediate, warm acceptance into their family.  I knew they would be fantastic grandparents, but they have truly exceeded my expectations in every way.  They love her so much and I can see that they will always play a key role in her life.  I also need to mention they kept us fed for those first weeks home-- I'll be ever grateful for the extra help while I was recovering!



Next came Uncle Phil.  Now, Phil had been pretty hopeful throughout my pregnancy that I would have a monkey rather than a baby.  He came bearing gifts: 

Though she lacks a prehensile tail, I don't think he is too disappointed with our little primate.  

Leslie is a dear friend of mine who has been an incredible support to our little family.  She threw an amazing baby party for us a couple weeks before Eloise was born and even waited late in the hospital waiting room to make sure she arrived safely. We're honored to have "Aunt" Leslie as a member of our family.  This is her first visit: 




1 comment:

  1. you three are surrounded by the love of those who are geographically close to you...how nice...a situation that i am constantly grateful for!!!cj

    ReplyDelete