Friday, August 13, 2010

Seattle-The Final Chapter

On our last day in Seattle we visited Olympia, where Chanel lives.  Our first stop was the Farmer's Market.  There was delicious food and a live band.  I was so happy that My Mom's cousin Vince (Grandpa Clay's nephew), whom I've never met, could meet us there.

Clay & Vince- isn't there a striking resemblance?!


I'm so sad this picture turned out blurry but I'm posting it anyway!  What a great family reunion!
From left to right: Cindy, Jean, Clay, Monica (Vince's wife), Vince & Rhonda

 
Eloise & Emelia cuddling with Rhonda

After the Farmer's Market, we got to visit Chanel's beautiful, new home.  I'm sad I didn't snap any pictures of that.  Chanel has such a great design aesthetic and I truly enjoyed touring her home.  

From Chanel's house was a race to the airport!  Eloise and I had such a WONDERFUL time with my family.  I miss them already!  And I think that Eloise misses the constant entertainment of being around the other kids-- now she's back to just boring, old mom all day.  Poor girl.  We can't wait for our next family trip -- Oktoberfest?!  

3 comments:

  1. It's been fun reading about your trip to Seattle for your family reunion. What a fun trip! And I must admit I'm a little jealous since I miss living there so much! And I love the pic of all the great grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure these pics are. I love my baby sister with my newest grandbabies!!! The shots of daddy and v

    ReplyDelete
  3. buddy's comments continuing after being interupted by a phone call...shots of daddy...
    ...and vince and family! That day wound up being kind of "A Bridge Too Far"; but I am so glad that we have those memories and connections. mom

    ReplyDelete