Monday, August 9, 2010

Seattle-Day 1


Eloise and I spent much of this week in Seattle with my side of the family.  Ali and Justin graciously hosted Grandma and Grandpa Putnam and the entire Gabrielsen clan (I'm sure they were happy their house was insured).  Rhonda's family was staying with Chanel and Kevin in Olympia so we were able to get together with them almost every day!  It ended up being a wonderful (albeit unofficial) Putnam Family Reunion.

DAY 1:

When we arrived, Eloise made the rounds around the room.  It was her first time meeting everyone (except Grammy Cindy).  After initial greetings, we had a delicious BBQ, and a night of games organized by Rhonda.

Great Grandma Putnam


Great Grandpa Putnam

 
Meeting Buddy

Aunt Carina & Grammy CJ

Rhonda!!!

A game of "Sammy the Spider," where 'Sammy' was clearly losing. 


Baby Heaven
From Left to Right: Tessa Bella, Emelia Jo, Eloise Lucy



  The games were quite entertaining.  Pictured left is Ali trying to bounce ping pong balls into cups of water to create a "tic-tac-toe."  Right is my mom balancing hostess products on her forehead with ease.  Wow.  What talent abounds in this crew!



The prizes Rhonda came up with were equally as entertaining as the games.  Joseph won this practical hydration apparatus (containing Root Beer, of course).  Other prizes included Richard Simmons autobiography, "Still Hungry After All These Years."  Hilarious.









5 comments:

  1. Your time in Seattle looks like it was just too much fun! We're lucky you returned to boring, old L.A.! What a treasure that picture of Eloise with her great grandma Putnam is, now and forever! Rhonda's creativity continues to astound me, and I will never cease to be impressed by Cindy''s many, many talents! How lucky you and Eloise (and Hansen) are to have the influence, and happy memories of such a lively and loving family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you all look as if you are having! And I love seeing Clay and Jeanie looking so great, especially given the events of this past year. You have a beautiful and loving family and I hope Roger and I can see you all in the near future. Cute babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!!! I am so glad we got to see each other! It was so fun! Eloise is PERFECT! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photo memories of the entire week, Ami. What a wonderful time we had! BTW, I read the Richard Simmons book on the way home...and it was a good read! Go figure. mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the gene pool pictures! So fun to pick out features from you and Hansen. What a lucky girl she is to have monthly photo shoots. You ought to have a portfolio ready for her talent agents soon. I yearn to hold her again--I have never held such a marshmellowy-soft baby! Very satisfying. I will definitely have my Pacific Northwest jewelry collection ready for Octoberfest. Can't wait to see you again! LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

    ReplyDelete