Friday, April 20, 2012

March, in a nutshell

March is a busy month around here.  Hansen and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary on March 9th, and we both celebrated our 35th birthdays this month.   

I didn't get any pictures of our anniversary, but Hansen took me out to sushi!  YUM.  Sushi is one of those pregnancy no-no's so I was so happy to have a chance to indulge again in this favorite food of mine.  He surprised me with tulips (my very favorite flower!) and a bracelet he had made with 3 aquamarines, the stone of March, representing each year we've been married.  It was a very sweet surprise.

Next up, Hansen's birthday on March 12th.  We had a small birthday party for him at home-- burgers and cheesecake, two of Hansen's favorite things.  
Eloise had fun helping with the candles.  She's really starting to understand the concept of a birthday so she loved being involved in each event.  Note, the homemade sign from Eloise.  She's becoming quite the artist!


Later in March we had a joint birthday party for me and Hansen at the Smith's home.  We were so happy to have Phil and Krissa there.  It was the first time they met Gabriel.

The birthday kids.  Do we really look 35?  Boy, am I feeling old!





And here is some GREAT news.  We are so very happy that Krissa is joining the Smith family!  Woohoo!  She is an amazing girl-- intelligent, cute, funny and nice.  The whole package!  We are really looking forward to the wedding in July.



Here's a shot of Eloise participating in one of her favorite new past times: helping mommy cook!  On this day she asked for cupcakes.  Daddy took her to the store to pick out a mix and I helped her with the execution.  Eloise is very independent and likes to do it all herself.  It makes for a very messy experience.  Oh well!  Some things are worth the clean-up time.   



And here are some shots of our growing boy.  He's so sweet!  He's a cuddler, much to my happiness.  













 Eloise and Pop-Pop

March was a great month!  Phew.  I'm almost caught up!  



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YES! It is Krissa Gibby. That's right. She spent time in D.C. It's a small world, as they say.

      Delete