Monday, April 25, 2011

A Visit From Grammy and Buddy

My parents were in town the last week in March.  They came for my birthday present (their visit was the present) and boy was it wonderful having them here!  Eloise loved having two extra people in the house giving her all sorts of love and attention.  I loved having two extra people in the house to give her all sorts of love and attention (translation: I got to take a lot of naps.  It was amazing).  It was a really good mix of General Conference, relaxing around the house, and a few great outings.  I sadly kept forgetting to bring a camera to our planned events, so most of these pictures are taken with an iPhone.  Sorry for the somewhat poor quality.


We spent a day in Pasadena doing a pilgrimage to Hansen's alma mater, driving through beautiful neighborhoods where we dream of having a home someday, and exploring the town.

Cutest Couple in downtown Pasadena


My Mom and Dad took Eloise and me to the Aquarium of the Pacific.  It was such a great day!  Eloise LOVES fish, so it was the perfect outing.  

Eloise and Mom, watching the sea lions

This photo was taken during story time at the aquarium.  I tell you, this girl LOVES her story time.  She has incredible focus.  Can you tell?

Grammy and Eloise

And, Jeremy Wade was there doing an interview!!!  I adore this guy.  Star of River Monsters.  I tell you, if Brad Pitt had walked by I couldn't have cared less.  But Jeremy Wade?!?!  Star struck.  


I would say the HIGHLIGHT of the week was seeing Pam and Roger!!  It was so fun to get together for dinner and a nice chat.  I'm sorry this is the only picture I got (and sadly it is missing Roger.  Did anyone else get a better picture of that day?).  [Update: The bottom three photos are courtesy Pam and Roger.  Thanks for sending these!]  They are such wonderful people and have always been great examples and support to me.  










Our last night together, Dad took us out to eat at a favorite restaurant in the Marina, Tony P's.  I had shrimp and crab.  Yum.  




Thanks Grammy and Buddy for a WONDERFUL week!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you did have a wonderful time! I love the pictures of Eloise and Buddy! She is SO cute and Grandpa looks great too!( oops I forgot he is NOT Grandpa only Buddy!) How fun that Pam and Roger were there at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did send the pics we took in an email the next week after we were there to you and to your mom and dad. I'll send them again. It was the highlight of our trip to California, too! What a delicious meal! And the COMPANY - well, some of our favorite people in the entire world! Eloise is so adorable, it is almost impossible to describe her; I could eat her up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great visit! And your hair is gorgeous Ami! I love the tulips on your table; gotta love spring.

    ReplyDelete