Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cotton Anniversary

Hansen and I marked our 2nd Anniversary yesterday.  Since we decided to celebrate this Saturday (when we would have access to babysitters) I wasn't expecting these:


It was truly a wonderful surprise to open the door to this beautiful arrangement, sent by my sweet Husband.  I was hesitant to open the door at all because I was in sweats streaked with dry snot left from a sick baby.  No make-up, glasses, and truth be told: I don't think I had brushed my teeth yet (which is especially disconcerting since it was 3pm)-- super NOT glamorous.  Definitely looking a little different than 2 years ago this day.  But, somehow it felt just as it should be.  SO MUCH has happened these last 2 years, and I wouldn't change a thing (snotty clothes and all).  I'm the happiest wife and mom ever!

March 7, 2009

Leather Anniversary, here we come!


11 comments:

  1. Ami, when I read this post and came to the part of, "I'm the happiest wife and mother ever!", tears sprang to my eyes. I just said out loud, " I am so glad for you . . . so glad!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ami, you are also the BEST wife and mother ever! These past two years of having you in our family, and seeing you move into your new roles of wife and mother have just confirmed our initial impression: you are heaven sent!
    We love you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Now I've never heard of Cotton and Leather anniversaries, does that mean the number of years?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ami - Congrats on both your anniversary and on knowing it is the 'cotton' one. I have to say, those flowers sure make a cotton anniversary look more glamorous than I would have imagined...I mean, I'm picturing a jar of cotton balls, or maybe a roll of batting. You're one lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet post made me cry. Happy anniversary, Ami and Hansen! Have fun celebrating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a picture of you with unbrushed teeth and snotty sweat pants right next to the wedding shot; forget all that happy anniversary schmalz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2nd Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful celebration. I can't wait to see you soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post! The flowers are beautiful and I am so glad that you are living the "happy ever after" life you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I'm reading backwards here and after leaving the comment about how Eloise is stunning and then seeing this pic of you I can see just where she gets it. So, I'll the same to you...stunning, absolutely gorgeous! And I love this girl too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS Hansen's not so bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete